Lead Theatre Practitioner
Offered by BMI Healthcare
- Job Sector: Theatre Practitioners
- Location: London (Outer)
- Salary: - £Competitive + benefits
- Closing Date: 25 June 2017
Lead Theatre Practitioner
Location: Shirley Oaks Hospital - Croydon
Functional Area: Clinical - Contract ~ Theatre Proposed Hours Per Week 37.5 Role
Hours: Full Time Role
BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
BMI have an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner in Anaesthetics to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN, ODA/P
- Teaching/assessing qualifications
- Valid UKCC Registration/Valid HPC registration
- Skills with managing people
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of professional codes
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Anesthetic skills
- Recovery skills
- Organisational skills
- Motivation skills
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Knowledge of Financial Control
- Knowledge of Human Resource issues
- Clinical experience in areas relevant to the hospital
- Experience of Quality Strategy
Duties of this role include:
- To provide and maintain high standard in training of all junior staff, including Training Operating Department Practitioners.
- To promote and maintain consistently high standard of patient care, meeting the needs of all patients in the operating department.
- To assist in developing clinical practice in relation to peri-operative care.
- To co-ordinate and lead the anaesthetic and recovery service.
- To maintain professional standards in keeping with the code of appropriate professional bodies
- To provide a high standard of patient care and safety
- To provide a professional, ethical and harmonious working environment for patients, staff and consultants•Provision of support and assistance to the Theatre Manager
- To liaise with the Theatre manager on budget, cost analysis and control within area of responsibility.
- To maintain a Quality Service, by the implementation of Health and Safety Legislation
- To provide and maintain high standard in training of all junior staff, including Training Operating Department Practitioner
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:•
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Closing date: 25/06/2017