Theatre Practitioner (Scrub Nurse) - The London Clinic
Offered by The London Clinic
- Job Sector: Theatre Practitioner - Scrub Nurse
- Location: London (Inner)
- Salary: £36,479 - £40,890
- Closing Date: Open until filled
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scrub Practitioner (Scrub Nurse) to join a supportive and warm working culture at The London Clinic where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
As a Scrub Practitioner (Scrub Nurse) you will support in the management and organisation of care provision within the operating department, responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and services.
- Job Location: This role is located at our main hospital facility in London, W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week. We operate a mixed shift pattern - Earlies / Lates (typically 5 x 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 07:30am – 9:30pm), with participation in the weekends & on-call rota.
- Salary: The attractive salary range for this role is £36,479 - £40,890 (inclusive of London Weighting), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Undertake all activities in a professional and proficient manner, including mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
- Carry out scrub duties according to policies and procedures, contributing to quality improvement, and promoting best evidence based practice.
- Assemble, check, prepare, and coordinate the use of surgical equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- Act in the circulating role, and promote a patient focused approach to care in collaboration with all relevant healthcare professionals.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse or Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Proven experience in an operating theatre environment with relevant experience in scrub procedures.
- General scrub & circulating skills, with experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a varied patient case mix.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and in sensitive and challenging situations.
The London Clinic has approx. 1300 employees, across 8 sites located in the heart of London’s medical community. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org