Theatre Practitioner (RGN / ODP Scrub) - The New Foscote Hospital
Offered by The New Foscote Hospital
- Job Sector: Theatre Practitioner (RGN / ODP Scrub)
- Location: West Midlands
- Salary: £28000 - £34000 (depending on experience)
- Closing Date: 15/04/2021
Theatre Practitioner (Registered General Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner Scrub)
|Reports to:||Director of Nursing & Theatre Manager|
|Key Contacts:||Deputy Theatre Manager, Matron, Patient Pathways Manager, Consultants, Patients|
|Location:||The New Foscote Hospital|
|Salary Range:||£28000 - £34000 (depending on experience)||DBS Level:||Enhanced|
|Working Hours:||37.5 Hours over 7 days|
|Posting Date:||Monday 15th March 2021|
|Closing Date:||Thursday 15th April 2021, @12pm(Please note that we may conduct interviews prior to the closing date)|
|Interview Date(s):||Tuesday 20th April 2021|
The New Foscote Hospital has been successfully established in Banbury for almost 40 years and has provided services and treatments to thousands of people from across the region during this time. We have over 50 consultants, all of whom are leaders in their specialist fields and choose to hold their private practices here, working alongside our friendly, highly qualified and experienced nursing and support teams. With the expansion of the hospital and the opening of a second theatre, there is an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join our team.
At The New Foscote Hospital, the Theatre Practitioner will deliver and support the care provision within the Operating Department. They will provide and ensure that quality planned care for patients, during their perioperative phase, is consistent throughout their journey with us.
- To act with the upmost professionalism and to adhere to the NMC or HPCP code of conduct
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- A ‘hands on’ role within the theatre suite
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence-based practice
- Apply and comply with legislation, policies and procedures
Main Duties and Key Accountabilities
- Be involved in the daily briefing ‘Huddle’ before the commencement of surgical lists, and ensure the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist is completed and adhered to for all patients
- To efficiently complete all written documentation
- Be a role model to other staff on all departmental and hospital-wide matters
- Ensure the working environment is as safe as possible and complies with company, professional, legal requirements and guidelines
- Adhere to Infection Prevention Control policies and procedures
- To work closely with the Procurement Department
- Be accountable for own standards of work
- Respect and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Attend appropriate training sessions to improve standards of practice
- Attend all mandatory training sessions
- Adhere to hospital-wide policies, procedures and standards
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with all colleagues, visitors and consultants
- Promote effective communication within all department areas
- Support colleagues and work co-operatively to promote good team morale
- Perform any other duties as required and assessed as competent to do so
- Actively work to maintain the standards set by The Care Quality Commission
Key Performance Indicators
- Feedback from colleagues
- Results of inspections
- Theatre utilisation
- Customer satisfaction as indicated through surveys
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications
|Qualifications & Technical Skills||· Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC||· SFA Qualification· ILS|
|Knowledge & Experience||· Previous experience within a similar role· An understanding of peri-operative patient care· Understands that safeguarding is everyone’s business|
|Skills & Behaviours||· Ability to demonstrate high standards of verbal and written communication· Administrative skills· Ability to present information clearly and concisely· Interpersonal skills· Tact and diplomacy· Time management & organisational skills· Ability to work flexibly and respond to urgent matters· Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes· Ability to follow instructions and work to tight time constraints· Reliability and dependability|
Think Customer: Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our visitors and consultants. Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
Own Your Part in Delivering Results: Demonstrates determination, resourcefulness and purpose to personally deliver the best results for the organisation.
Impact and Influencing: Has a degree of self-awareness and maintains a calm demeanour in stressful and challenging situations
Be One Team: The ability to gain an understanding of the needs of others, build relationships and drive action that is mutually beneficial for both individuals and the company. Always behaves in a way that is consistent with the behaviours and is receptive to further improvement.
Innovate, Adapt & Change: Is open to change. Is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, being tolerant of necessary change and fluidity within the organisation.
The content of the job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties, which fall within their scope of practice.
The role profile reflects the overall scope and responsibilities of the role. All roles evolve and this role profile will therefore be subject to periodic review and change if required.
To apply for this role please:
- Ensure you have read and meet the essential knowledge/skills/qualifications for this role
- Complete an application form and equal opportunities form via The New Foscote Hospital Website Vacancies page at https://thefoscotehospital.co.uk/vacancies/
- Please submit both forms before the closing time and date via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to: HR Department, The New Foscote Hospital, 2 Foscote Rise, Banbury, OX16 9XP
- Please take note of the proposed interview date(s) to ensure that you will be available