Theatre Practitioner - London
Offered by Bupa
- Job Sector: Theatre Practitioner
- Location: London (Inner)
- Salary: Up to £31.9k dependent on experience
- Closing Date: 24/07/2020
We are excited to announce that due to expansion of our theatres, we have several opportunities within Scrub, Anaesthetics and Recovery at the prestigious Bupa Cromwell Hospital.
A bit about us:
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing:
- As a Theatre Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care. Here at Bupa Cromwell Hospital we cover 12 surgical specialties including complex procedures such as live organ transplants, heart surgeries and neurosurgery.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures.
- Provide assistance during clinical/ operative procedures.
- Provide immediate post-operative care.
- You will be required to provide Scrub, Anaesthetics or Recovery assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Scrub Skills is a must
- 2 years’ post registration experience
- NMC Registered (Adult / Children) or HCPC Registered (ODP)
- Theatre, Anaesthetic or Recovery course (desirable)
- Previous perioperative experience (desirable)
- Evidence of other relevant study (desirable)
- Mentors course (desirable)
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
As well as being an incredible place to work, Bupa also offers a significant range of benefits which include clinical leadership development programmes, NMC / HCPC fees paid after 12 months’ service, health insurance, contributory pension scheme, free health assessments, dental plans, discounted gym membership, Cromwell hospital staff discounts, career breaks, staff referral scheme, family friendly policies, staff bonus scheme, enhanced sick pay, cycle2work scheme, season ticket loans and online discounts.
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.