We’re looking for an exceptional Anaesthetics Nurse with a passion for high standards and a meticulous eye for detail. You might join us from the NHS or a private setting, either way here you’ll discover a unique opportunity to work with some of the best in the field, and to grow your career – to be valued and free from the constraints that currently prevent you from achieving job satisfaction. This is nursing as it should be.
As part of a close-knit multi-disciplinary team working in a pressured environment, you’ll know that this role requires high levels of focus and engagement. Our reputation depends on your ability to understand, anticipate and develop those intuitive partnerships that are so important. In return, you’ll be valued and respected for your professionalism and expertise. You’ll enjoy opportunities to work on a varied caseload using technology, equipment and facilities which are state-of-the-art. As well as supervising, supporting and developing junior staff, you’ll deliver high quality care and experiences for patients, which is always clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
As a registered Theatre Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner, you’ll have the qualifications and experience relevant to your registration, including NMC or HCPC. You’ll also have post-registration experience, be an excellent communicator and team worker – flexible and motivated. As part of the wider hospital team you’ll interact with colleagues on the ward because you understand that continuity in patient care is key. Like us, you’re driven by quality. You don’t like to make compromises and we won’t ask you to. We’ll make sure you have everything you need to do a job you’re proud of.
Being Yorkshire’s largest independent hospital, we are so much more than your ‘hips and knees’ (although, yes we do those as well.)
We are the only independent hospital in the region that carries out complex surgery including spinal, neurosurgery, bariatric and cardiac surgery. Thanks to our clinical expertise, investment in state-of-the-art technology and our Critical Care Unit with 1:1 nursing: the complexity and breath of treatments we offer creates the most engaging and rewarding work environment.
Our commitment and responsibility to invest in our staff is second to none. We support you with Continuing Professional Development through a host of clinical e-learnings, in house workshops and courses. We can financially support you to undertake university modules to develop and enhance your knowledge and skill base. Additionally:
- We have a state-of-the-art clinical skills simulation lab - we are the only independent hospital in Yorkshire to have this unique training facility. Complete with a simulation training mannequin, IT resources, library resources and dedicated space for self-managed learning.
- We have robust and collaborative relationships with local Universities with a focus on offering education and professional development provisions.
- Nuffield Health is a registered apprenticeship employer training provider and regulated by Ofsted. We offer a variety of internal apprenticeships including One Nuffield Future Leaders Programme and other healthcare associated qualifications.
We’re a not for profit organisation and it shows. Our profits do not go to shareholders, but instead reinvested back into our staff, equipment, treatments and services, ensuring patient care is at the heart of what we do.
Our high nurse to patient ratio means you have more time with your patients, care for them, giving them the best possible chance to get them onto the road to recovery.
As well as being in a positive, patient-focused place of work, you will also benefit from:
- Free healthcare
- Free gym membership with discounted personal training at Nuffield Health & Fitness Centres
- Free annual health assessments
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with contribution-matching up to 6%
- Shopping discounts and special offers
The Care Quality Commission thinks highly of us as well. We are the only hospital in West Yorkshire rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
Ready to bring out the specialist in you?