Senior Theatre Scrub Practitioner - London
Offered by HCA Healthcare UK
- Job Sector: Senior Theatre Scrub Practitioner
- Location: London (Inner)
- Salary: Competitive Salary (with an additional 6% shift enhancement)
- Closing Date: Open until filled
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The department currently has 4 theatres and a supporting recovery room which has capacity for 4 patients. The recovery room caters for all post op patients including Cath Lab and CT/MRI patients who have had sedation or general anaesthesia.
As part of the team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA Healthcare UK's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
As a Senior Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will be in integral member of staff supporting the Theatre Lead in the care of patients undergoing surgical procedures with minimal supervision.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week. Shift are Long days, earlies, lates and twilight (Transportation will be provided after twilight shifts)
We offer a competitive salary plus 6% shift enhancement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK (Terms and conditions apply). You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon, as well as involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
- Mentoring junior members of the team
Skills and Experience
A registered nurse or ODP you will have significant scrub experience to be able to manage complex cases which includes, cardiac, cancer, nuero, breast, . You will also have experience in assisting with planning and implementing of peri-operative care.
About the Individual
The successful candidate will be confident, proactive and demonstrate a desire to improve on their existing skill base to add value to the department. They will be keen to develop both clinically as well as academically and will pride themselves on having a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will also need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please email David.Fitzgerald@hcahealthcare.co.uk and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.