Scrub Nurse - Fortius Clinic - London
Offered by Fortius Clinic
- Job Sector: Scrub Nurse
- Location: London (Inner)
- Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 depending on experience
- Closing Date: 30/04/2021
Organisation name: Fortius Clinic
Job title: Scrub Nurse
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 dependant on experience
Employment type: Permanent
Employment basis: Full time
Application closing date: 30th April 2021
Details of any benefits client would like included (for example, pension, holiday, private healthcare, gym, etc)
- 26 Days annual leave
- Private healthcare
- Perk box
Our orthopaedic surgical centre opened in November 2016. You will be part of a dedicated theatre team, working from a state of the art facility in London’s West End, and providing comprehensive care
to perioperative patients who have undergone day surgery.
Along with the rest of the theatre team, you will share responsibility for the management and organisation of the operating department, helping to ensure smooth, timely and efficient processes and
procedures within a safe environment. You will promote safeguarding and risk management in respect of patients, employees and visitors.
Reporting to the Theatre Manager, you will be part of a scrub team working closely with anaesthetic and recovery colleagues. The FSC is a day care centre with three operating theatres dedicated to
Key Performance Indicators
- Patient satisfaction.
- Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates).
- Tight maintenance of par stock levels to minimise stock wastage.
- Ensure the achievement of 100% revenue capture.
- Deliver first class, patient care.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of yourself and others.
- Promote evidence based on best practice.
- Ensure strict adhesion to legislation, policies and procedures.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
1. Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care.
This will include:
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures
- Providing initial emergency care as required.
2. Working with members of the multi-disciplinary Theatre team following local protocols and standards.
3. Ensuring that the patients comfort, dignity and privacy are maintained at all times.
4. Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of surgery prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Manager immediately.
5. Coordinate the use of supplies and equipment during the operating list, ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner. Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
6. Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
7. Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed.
8. Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with Fortius policy
9. Participate in education, training and development of other staff.
10. Actively contribute to changes in practice and policies when changes have arisen which may follow an audit, complaint or newly issued guidance.
11. Adhere to all Fortius policies and procedures as well as NMC and/or or HPC Codes of Practice.
12. Undertaking any other duties as required by the line manager.
Equality & Diversity
All Fortius employees must have respect for every individual, treating everyone with dignity, courtesy, fairness and consideration, and welcoming and accepting differences between people. It is the
responsibility of every employee to work towards the elimination of all discrimination and prejudice.
Health & Safety
All Fortius employees have a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Employees are required to co-operate with management to enable Fortius to meet its own legal duties.
It is the responsibility of all staff to recognise their role in maintaining a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff to minimise the risk of avoidable Healthcare Associated Infection. Employees are responsible for ensuring that they are fully aware of the Fortius Infection Prevention and Control policies.
All Fortius employees must adhere to Fortius policies and procedures and seek advice on these when in doubt as to their scope and applicability. Employees are specifically reminded that they must respect the confidentiality of all information they have access to during their employment including personal data.
All Fortius staff are expected to display and aspire to the Fortius Values.
Making it Happen
Be proactive in reviewing the current service, making recommendations and implementing changes to continuously improve the patient journey.
Work in partnership with the multi –disciplinary team to challenge and influence clinical and managerial decision making.
Deliver a patient centered service, provide patients with information regarding their care and treatment.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general scope of duties and is not intended to be definitive or restrictive. It is expected that some of the duties will change over time and this description will be subject to review.