Operating Department Practitioner - Gillingham
Offered by Gillingham
- Job Sector: Operating Department Practitioner
- Location: North East London
- Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
- Closing Date: 24/12/19
We are currently recruiting for an Operating Department Practitioner, to conduct basic theatre duties as allocated by the Unit Manager or the Senior Nurse on duty, to meet the standards required by the Company in providing a high quality service to patients.
Care UK provide modern, GP services & treatment centres for the NHS, Prison services and mental health & learning disability services, this role sits in our North East London hospital.
- To ensure that the care, welfare, safety and comfort of all patients is of the highest possible standard.
- To promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships between staff/patients/relatives, and the multi-disciplinary team.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the recovery is of the highest standard to meet with company policy.
- To participate in the management of infection control within the department.
- To check the recovery bays are set up and equipped appropriate for the day’s lists.
- To be responsible for the “total patient” in your care during the peri-operative phase.
- To understand and execute the correct procedures for ordering, receiving and transfer of blood and blood products as well as blood conservation.
- NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
- Relevant theatre experience as a scrub practitioner.
- Evidence of competence as a scrub practitioner
- Effective management of all resources especially financial and human.
- Knowledge of current research, key issues and development in theatre practice.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of change management.
- Organisational and management skills within a team.
If you are looking to join an energetic and vibrant organisation that truly makes a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis, please either apply for the role or contact Martyn Kingsbury on 0118 952 1921.
To apply, please click on the apply button above.